ABQ Youth Lacrosse is proud to present
A Boys and Girls Youth Lacrosse Tournament
Games will be held at the beautiful Balloon Fiesta Park, home of the annual International Balloon Fiesta.
Tournament rules, game format, tournament format, eligibility, and other info
Age and Format Details
Player Ages and Eligibility (All participants are required to be current US Lacrosse members)
Born before 8/31/2010 – Eligible for U8 Division
Born before 8/31/2008 – Eligible for U10 Division
Born on or after 9/1/2006 – Eligible for U12 Division
Born on or after 9/1/2004– Eligible for U14 Division
2018 Albuquerque Youth Lacrosse Fiesta – Boys Rules
Game format and rules of play
The Boys' U10, U12, and U14 divisions will use the Modified Sports Standards of the National Federation of High School Associations Rules with the following exceptions/clarifications:
1. Eligibility: All teams are required to certify that all players meet age eligibility requirements for the event as published on the event’s official website.
2. Timing: All games will consist of two (2) 18 minute running time halves with a five minute half-time. One time out per team, per half *Note – game duration and halftime may be shortened by mutual agreement of participating teams. Also, at the discretion of the tournament organizers, game times may be shortened due to inclement weather, or to keep the tournament on schedule. Penalties will be stopped time.
3. Overtime (not applicable in pool play - bracket play only): Sudden victory overtime will follow the completion of a tied game after a 3 minute break; the sudden victory period will be 4 minutes of running time; goals defended will remain the same for the first sudden death period and a face-off will commence the first sudden death period; goals will be exchanged after each sudden death period and the ball will be put in play at the relative area of the field by the team which had possession of the ball at the end of period; if no possession, a face-off will take place. Substitutions: All substitutions will be on the fly.
4. Timeouts: Each team will be given one (1) one-minute timeout per half, which cannot be taken in the last two minutes of the game. No carryover. Game clock will stop during timeouts. There will be no timeouts allowed in overtime.
5. Advancing the Ball, Counts & Stalling: No counts will be used but stalling may be called and the ball will have to be kept in the box in the final two minutes of play.
6. Body Checking: No body checking of any kind is permitted in Boys U9 or Boys U11.
7. Stick Checking: Any one handed check will be considered a slash, even if contact is not made.
2018 Albuquerque Youth Lacrosse Fiesta – Girls Rules
Game format and rules of play
Boys Championship Rules of Play
All games will consist of two (2) 20 minute running time halves with a five minute half-time, one time out per team per half.*Note – game duration and halftime may be shortened by mutual agreement of participating teams. Also, at the discretion of the tournament organizers, game times may be shortened due to inclement weather, or to keep the tournament on schedule. Penalties will be stopped time.
Pool play will take place on Saturday. The results from pool play will determine seeding for bracket play (playoffs) on Sunday.
Teams will be seeded for bracket play based on their winning percentage (wins divided by games played) in pool play. A tie in a pool-play game counts as half of a win when computing winning percentage (i.e., a team with 2 wins and 1 tie in pool play would have a winning percentage of .833 after dividing 2.5 by 3).
In the event of a tie the following will be used to determine seeding:
Girls Championship Rules of Play